Saturday, March 22, 2008

Buying Brand

There are some things that are just not "generic name" brand type of items...tomato juice, oatmeal and peanut butter are just a few things that come to mind. On the way home from dinner with my agility friends, I stopped off at the store - just as good a time as any, especially since I was full from dinner. Tim gives me a hard time about my brand name stuff in the pantry - why buy brand when you can buy generic for cheaper? For some things, like yogurt and uncooked rice in a package, generic is fine. After drinking Kroger brand tomato juice and eating Kroger brand low sugar oatmeal, I gladly put V8 and Quaker in my cart tonight at the grocery store. I am confident I will be able to sleep tonight know I paid $2 more for tomato juice I can actually drink and oatmeal that does not taste like card board.

No comments: