Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Heartbreak in OKC...

I was completely devastated for the Texas A&M pitcher tonight - anyone watching that had a heart had to be, even if they were the biggest Sun Devil fans out there. All you pitchers out there (me included) know that when a team gets hot, you can throw the ball anywhere (meaning nowhere near the documented strike zone) and the other team will have the game of their lives in the batters box. That poor Texas A&M pitcher will probably only remember this for many moons to come as opposed to all the great things she did in her career to get there. I was willing the ASU coach to empty his bench to end the 7th inning.

On the flip side, ASU displayed complete and total domination. When 1-9 is batting over 300 and is in double digits in long balls...might be indicative of a team that swings some big bats. It is fabulous to see how far the game we love has come. Poor John Kruk will have to get over the difference in strategy between baseball and softball - he is not a big fan of the number 3 hitter bunting!!!

1 comment:

The Monroes said...

I loved watching this whole series, made me long for my playing days! I am glad Naomi will grow up watching it on tv!!