Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Inclement Weather

As I sit here and listen to the thunder, I am hoping and praying we do not have to seek cover tonight. For the first time since I have lived in Ohio, I retreated to the basement Friday night/Saturday morning. I woke up to the sirens going off at ~4AM, in a pitch black house. As the power was out, I could not turn on the TV to find out where the storms were. I thought the sirens sounded like they were coming form the north...but did not want to take any chances. As I am sitting in the basement in the pitch black with the dog, the power came back on briefly - I knew this because the AC was right outside the window in the basement, and I have the little vents in my glass block windows open to keep air circulating down there. The AC scared the crap out of me...as if I were not already scared enough. Unfortunately, it was only temporary and the power went back out. Came on about 5.

Poor Chel hates the thunder too - she was just staring at the window as a clap of thunder rocked the house, and lays on the side of the bed furthest away from the window...I don't blame her. One time, we had a crack of thunder so close to our house that the vibrations turned on a touch lamp I had in my room. The light went to the basement the very next day....

Pray for sleep for me...please. Thunderstorms are NOT my favorite...

No comments: