Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oh the joys...

So last week I gave Columbus Pest Control $1400 to deal with the termite problem, and this morning the plumbers are here dealing with the downspout. I absolutely want to vomit. As I guessed correctly, the downspout pipe has some issues...they put the camera in the pipe at the back of the house and it made it 27 feet before it could go no further due to the pipe being "crushed". Next shot was to put it in at the curb and it made it 16 feet. Proper remedy to address the problem is to just replace the whole pipe - at an estimated 4 digit cost. The guy said somewhere between $1200 - $1500 - and for good measure, he threw in there that they are not responsible for any irrigation lines they may break in the process. Of course, the yard will be in various states of destruction....yet again. I seriously think I could go throw up right at this exact moment....

2 comments:

The Quisenberrys said...

I'll hold your hair as you spew in your toilet. : )

The Monroes said...

Was the crushed pipe from the irrigation team? So it could be a back and forth issue if so... That stinks, sorry.