Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"Your Ligaments are in Tact"

For anyone that has ever had a potential knee injury, those are the best words in the world.

A few weeks ago, while course building at an agility trial, I lost my balance with a sandbag in my hand - don't ask me how that happened. The end result was the sandbag hitting me knee and hyperextending it backwards. This induced immediate panic, esp given that you can't exactly jerk a 40 lb sandbag off you quickly. My knee had not been right since...loose, painful to move certain ways, but ok for the most part, as I could still do whatever I wanted. However, to be sure I had it looked at this morning.

End result was likely a sprained MCL, that heals on its own with little or no intervention at all. Doc has asked that I wear a brace - which I will do gladly is because it offers a ton of support and will definitely increase my confidence on the soccer field (I will not have to wonder if the next move it going to blow my knee out!) No activity restrictions and recheck in 6 weeks.

I feel very lucky to have the wonderful folks at OSU Sports Medicine in my backyard. The PA was actually a trainer when I was at OSU, and they were so nice and incredibly helpful. And I am very grateful that everything was ok.

Hope everyone is having as good a day as I am now!!!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

I'm glad to hear that your knee is going to be okay. Surgery is no fun...I'm sure Kelli and I can be the ones to tell you that. Take it easy though. Tell Chelsie to take it easy on you.