Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Congratulations Jenn and Blaster!!!

Congratulations to my friend Jenn and her sheltie Blaster on being named to the US team that will compete in the World Agility Championships in Austria in October! Jenn did not make the team last year, but was on the team the previous two years with her sheltie Guess - and placed third (bronze medal) in their height one of those years. Also, one other woman we compete with made the team - Denise and border collie Zippity (it is a very fitting name for this dog!) I love watching Denise and Zippity run...

This is very exciting - I am very lucky to train with such competent handlers. At out of town trials, I wear my Wild Weaver T Shirt and people always say "Oh, you train with Wild Weavers!" Susan, Jenn's mom, is trying to convince me to go..it would be fun. Apparently, the competition is right on the border of Austria, Italy and Germany - Italy is very high on my list, I have heard Austria is beautiful (maybe the hills are alive with the Sound of Music???) and I love Germany....sounds like I better start the cash stockpile....

1 comment:

Becky Andrews said...

How cool - yes I agree you need to go cheer them on!