Saturday, November 14, 2009

I see her spirit

Over the past few days, I can tell Chelsie is feeling better...her little spirit is rejuveniated. I told her to get a toy today, and she ran over to her toy box and got her lobster. She chewed on her bone this morning for an hour...sniffed in the grass during her walk and did doggie somersaults all over me. She also enjoyed a visit from her aunt Sharon, who came by to pick up some stuff. I got to meet Sharon's new dog Forsythe...he is a good boy. He is about as tall as Chelsie, but has a more blocky head than Chelsie does. Forsythe waited outside with Larry while Aunt Sharon came in and saw Chelsie. A field trip to Dayton might be in her future tomorrow to see her agility friends....from the view in her crate of course.

Here are a few picture. I really started to see her coming back the other night on the bed (I picked her up and put her on the bed of course...and carried her down the stairs with me tonight) You can see a slight curl in her back and all her paws are intertwined...a happy, content, tired pooch. First time I have seen that since her injury...



5 comments:

Carrie and Waffle said...

perhaps a farting hedgehog would lift her spirits, it does mine.
Waffles

OSU 98 said...

Ahem, Waffle, Chelsie's mom here. There will be no farting hedgehogs entering our household. :) We will need to seek other alternatives for making her feel better!

Infrequent Flyers said...

Ha ha! Cabana would like a farting hedgehog! (I'll put that on the list if she gets cc'ed.) I'm so glad Chelsie is getting so much better. It's been just about a month, right? Chelsie's condition has definitely made you a more consistent blogger--and I always like seeing the photos of her!! Yay!

OSU 98 said...

Yes Mimi, Wednesday will mark 5 weeks since her injury and 4 weeks since surgery. Tuesday will be a big day as far as answers on what the next stage of her rehab is. most importantly, WE LOSE THE STAPLES ON TUESDAY!!! I will work on taking more photos. I should take a picture of all the crates all over our little house. :)

Becky Andrews said...

Oh, so glad you are seeing some of her spirit and spunk come back ... poor girl - what a long haul for both of you.