No, I did NOT kiss the single life goodbye!!! (Faith Hill song) Scott and I thought about posting a picture to FB in front of some little random wedding chapel and posting "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" but we thought better of it! I had an amazing time. Quite honestly, I don't have the energy to upload photos at this point, and honestly, I didn't take very many...although I do have some appropriate silly ones...think me fighting a gorilla for entertainment value...
My Vegas posse consisted of the following:
- Brother Joe
- BF Scott
- Cousin Michelle
- Cousin Kathi
- Roger, cousin Kathi's hubby
- Adrienne & Leno - friends from California
Anyway, here is my top 10 of my Vegas trip.
10. I was reminded of how much I love dueling piano bars. Scott and my cousin Kathi thought it would be funny to get me up there and have them sing to me...and trust me, it was NOT happy birthday they were singing to me!
9. I was reminded of how much I despise cigarette smoke.
8. Hoover Dam is an amazing structure. Took a tour of it and actually went inside the dam - took a photo from one of the little vents actually in the cement of the dam. They have a model of how the dams were built to control the Colorado river...the dam system to keep it under control spans 8 states or something like that! Never seen so much cement in one place.
7. Sat at a blackjack table and won $260 my first time out. I made some friends with some guys from Ireland and they schooled me on how to play. Came away with $220 in the black. Not bad. Set limits, stuck to them.
6. Saw crack and muffin top like I have never seen it before...all on the same girl. I seriously considered walking up and telling her that those jeans might not be the best for her. I will spare you the details...it was awful.
5. Sat in a sports bar all day Saturday and watched Alabama DISMANTLE Florida and Arizona hand USC its 5th loss. Michigan wasn't playing, so they couldn't lose. :) Adrienne sat with us for a little while before venturing out...and we told her we would be in the exact same spot when she got back - and we were true to our word!
4. Best quote of the trip was found in the elevator of a hotel...it was above a picture of a martini....it said:
"Trust us, you had a good time last night"
3. Ate all varieties of steak...the Delmonico's version of fillet Mignon and Bill's Saloon's version at 3:45 AM. Both tasted equally as good in their own way and both were a heart attack waiting to happen.
2. I was reminded that I am indeed 35 and not a 22 year old that can party like a rockstar for more than one night. I think it was the Royal bomb shot that did me in...a shot of Crown Royal in a glass of peach schnapps and Red Bull. For those of you who know and love me dearly, you know my code name for Crown...yep, you got it....gasoline.
1. Number one goes to brother Joe, who had to make an emergency landing in KC, Mo on his way out because some lady got obnoxious and started threatening people. Apparently, she had never flown by herself, took something to help relax her and then started drinking on top of it. Joe said the pilot literally had the plane pointed down...that from announcement they were landing to landing was less than 20 minutes. Apparently, she also tried to resist arrest..which rsulted in the police tossing her down in the aisle way of the plane. Jesus lord, people, get a grip.
All in all, it was a fantastic trip. I spent it with people who are very dear to me, and we all just had a really great time. I lived it up...ate what I wanted, stayed out until all hours of the morning...it was an eye opening experience for Scott. He knows me as the reserved, routine oriented, anal retentive accountant that I am. He actually commented that he was glad I let loose a little bit...I laughed. Most of my friends that did not know me in college can't ever imagine me being wild and crazy, even on limited basis...but I am guessing there are a few of you out there that know better....
Thanks again to my posse for a wonderful weekend...I had such a great time. Thanks also to:
- Maggie (my mom) for watching our (Joe and I) puppies, Chel and El. They have to be closely supervised and cannot be left alone because Chelsie is still recovering. They got a good report from Grammie.
- Auntie (my mom's sister Eileen) - she watched Michelle and Kathi's kids, all 4 of them. Toddlers and teenagers, all in the same weekend (Amanda - 13, Jenn - 11, Tessa -5, Makenna - 3)
Tuesday is our 6 week xray day...please think good thoughts for my little bean's knee!!!!