Monday, March 29, 2010

What you have all been waiting for....

This weekend, I went to see the puppies. I still don't know which one is mine, we are waiting on results of some genetic testing that took place last Tuesday. Labs can carry a gene known as Exercise Induced Collapse (EIC) - if you breed two that carry the gene, the puppies will be affected. In the case of this litter, the mother is a carrier, the father is not. The puppies therefore have a 50-50 chance of being a carrier, but will not be affected.

All of the puppies are adorable...but what lab puppy isn't? I have forgotten how cute roly poly little puppies are and how sharp their little teeth are! It is going to be a lot of work initially, but I am hoping that with 6-8 weeks of potty bootcamp, we will have some sort of routine. I will be picking him up next weekend. We should receive the results of the testing sometime this week.

And now...what you have all been waiting for...








6 comments:

Maddie and Betsy said...

They are so cute!! You are very lucky :)

The Quisenberrys said...

Oh my goodness..........so darn cute! Take them all!

Becky said...

Oh I love them! I want to hold them, cuddle with them, smell their puppy breath - so dang cute!

Carrie and Waffle said...

Wow the explosion of yellow labbies on the blogsphere is amazing. Cuties all of them. Good luck with potty training and the doggie attitude - I bet I know one person who thinks the new puppy stinks. Hope you're ready for a few weeks of acting out and temper tantrums and I don't mean from the puppy.

what's the name?

the youngbergs said...

Oh gosh....you're tempting me, Nicole!

Mimi and CC Cabana said...

Next weekend?! Oh my gosh, are you ready?! That's so exciting.