Thursday, April 24, 2008

Not only do I have 11 pillows...

...but I make the bed every day! Yeppers! It is ingrained very heavily in me to make the bed - my grandma always used to say that even if the rest of the room was a mess, if the bed was made it looked a little tidier. Keep in mind this was the same woman who often told me my room looked like "the wrath of God with a door knob on it". Growing up, my bed was made every day (mostly by her) so I am finding it a hard habit to break - I even make it on agility competition mornings, when we are out the door at 6AM...

It is hard to believe that Monday marked 6 years since her passing. Making the bed is just one of the strong habits I have that I learned from her...a few others for humor are the fact that any spread I put on bread for a sandwich has to go all the way to the edges (or it wasn't a proper sandwich, according to her) and that I am VERY particular about how my shirts are folded. All of you out there with children beware, because in these cases, I am a prime example of how much kids do mimic the adults in their life!!! I suppose I could mimic worse things, but in my mind, these aren't ENTIRELY bad habits to have...

1 comment:

The Monroes said...

I am with your grandma on the sandwich thing, if it doesn't go all the way to the edge, it is not going to taste good! Those are all good traits to possess-I am sure your grandma would be very proud of the person you are!