Wednesday, April 23, 2008

You know you are having a bad day when....

...as a pitcher you are trying to intentionally walk someone and the umpire calls a strike!!!!!

Tonight, after class, I stopped over at the Buckeye softball game. I got there in the midst of a rally in the bottom of the 6th inning. For those of you that have been following Buckeye softball, you know Sam Marder is on her way to a record breaking season for most intentional walks. Linda said she had over 50 walks, 28 of them intentional in the Big Ten. So Marder was up, with first base open and the pitcher threw a FATTY. It was, as good old Bob Eucher said in the movie Major League, JUST a bit outside - but by God, not by much.

I have been watching/playing softball for many years - and tonight was the first time I had ever seen a called strike on an intentional walk. Obviously, I have seen some close ones where the pitcher had an "oh s*&^%" moment when she let go of the ball in an intentional walk situation, but never a called strike. Eventually, they did walk her on the next 4 pitches, but history was made in my life tonight. I tell ya, it is the small things. The Buckeye went on to beat the Cardinals of Ball State 6-0.

After a busy day with grandma and grand paw (which included meeting baby Kaitlyn - according to grandma, Chelsie had absolutely no interest in her, which is not surprising to me) Chelsie made it home to her mom. More importantly, gramma made mom's bed...and put all 11 pillow cases on all of the pillows. She even IRONED 2 of them - yes, I have been known to iron my pillow cases..in my defense, I come by it honestly. What can I say??? Um, that I am resting comfortably in my nice clean bed. Thanks Mom!!!

The softball Buckeyes are off to Wisconsin and Minnesota this weekend....GO BUCKS!!!

1 comment:

the youngbergs said...

Don't think I've ever seen that either! Go Bucks! How fun!