Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Visits to Dodd

I know I have not posted a lot about our visits to Dodd lately, but through all of this layoff stuff, we have been going. Chelsie continues to do great things there, I am so, so proud of her. Last night, her best work was done in the first room we went in - I think the guy had a stroke and his wife and daughter were there with him. He had been drifting in and out and perked up immediately when he saw Chel - I even allowed her to give him a kiss. She sat there for about 15 minutes and he just pet her chest - his wife was very choked up and in tears, she was so happy. She told Chelsie that she needed to stay and nap on the bed with him...

I almost did not go last night - the stress of the whole job situation has caught up with me and I am completely physically drained. We have spent the last 2 days sleeping the afternoon away, and it would have been so easy just to sleep right through, but we got up and out and went. I am so glad we did...

No comments: