Sunday, March 29, 2009

Nearing Basement Nirvana

Well, I am finally nearing basement nirvana. Today, the weather was AWFUL and I managed to convince my brother to come up and finish hooking things up and putting things together. For his efforts, I cooked dinner.

The one thing he did hook up was a DVD player...so for all my critics out there, I now have a DVD player and know how to use it. Still no DVR, but maybe there is hope. :) Tonight is inaugural yoga night in the basement!

Overall, I am very, very happy. The only thing that did not go according to plan was the configuration of my office. When properly framed and insulated, we lost about 4 inches of space - just enough to be about 1/4 inch short in being able to get my printer cart into the layout. Yep, the furniture is specific built for the room, and the printer cart was my mom's and it just happened to fit...but it does not fit anymore. We have found an alternative that will work for now...just required a little creativity.

What is stopping me short of reaching nirvana is that there are still papers all over the upstairs that need to be addressed and filed. I decided that was too much for tonight. I also had an adult meltdown tonight...my home computer is slower than slow, and I called my mom in a huff at 6PM and asked her to come up and see what the *&^&*^%$ problem was. This has been going on for a long time, and tonight, as I was trying to connect the wireless 10 key and mouse I bought today, I just reached my limit. We did some things that should help...if not, the sonic boom we hear in the next few days will be me sending my computer to the moon without a spaceship!

Overall, productive weekend. Tomorrow, I go the ENT to see about my tooth/sinuses, and I think I am glad I am going, as I have had increased discomfort in my face since seeing the dentist last week.....

Have a great week!


No comments: