Monday, July 27, 2009

Thankful for a Solid Recall...

One of the last items on yesterday's list was to take little bean for her walk. Weather has been crappy, family in town and she just needed a walk.

On our walk, I smelled it...the unmistakable odor of skunk. My skunk-dar immediately went up. Anyone out was probably really annoyed by me shining an LED flashlight in their face.

As we were nearing home, we passed this one house with a lot of trees...something told me this was a prime hiding place for a skunk. The spirit moved me to shine the blinding light under a tree, and what did I see...evil beady eyes staring back at me. Minor feelings of panic overtook me...and I gave Chelsie a panicked "Chelsie, COME". She came running right to me...and we crossed the street, avoiding the skunk. After breathing a sigh of relief, lots of praise and pets followed. God bless her recall.

Back to work...girls gone. We had a great last day, which included another shot out on the boat. Both girls did amazing on the wakeboard, we were so proud of them. More pictures to come.

Happy Monday and have a great week!

3 comments:

Infrequent Flyers said...

Yay, Chelsie! Disaster averted--and tomato juice shampoo averted as well!

Becky Andrews said...

Good girl Chelsie! Solid recall is a joy and in this case a blessing from a disaster. Sounds like another enjoyable day for you ...

The Quisenberrys said...

Big smiles on everyone's faces last weekend.....looks like everyone had a great time!!