Saturday, August 1, 2009

Blessed...

Wow...what a day.

Today was a typical Saturday in my house..scheduled from start to end. I am more physically exhausted today than I have been in a long time, but in a good way. As I sit back and evaluate my day, I realize how truly fortunate I am...

1) Mowed grass - my yard is beautiful and I am so lucky to have such a beautiful home.

2) Family - my brother...god love him. Today, he shows up at my house with his dog (I knew they were coming, he was working on a job all day and wanted El to have some company) He walks in the house, uses the facility, raids my kitchen, walks out with 2 sandwiches and tells me he will see me later - without thinking twice about it. We take care of each other well.

3) Friends - Its not secret my new addiction is wakeboarding. I spent the better part of the afternoon on the boat again, making great progress and getting cheered on by my friends. I got off the boat only because I went to Picnic with the Pops with Mark and Belinda. Tonight, the OSU Marching Band played with the symphony (Columbus Symphony Orchestra, that is), and it was awesome. I had been to this before, and forgot how much I loved it..esp watching the conductor Albert George Schramm. It was Mark and B's first time to the Pops, and they loved it. We had a great day.

Awesome day..will tomorrow bring the same?????

2 comments:

Becky Andrews said...

Sounds like a great day ... some work and lots of fun with friends and family. Hope today is just as good :>

The Quisenberrys said...

Loved the Pops.......glad you could come....sounded like a very full day!!!!!!