Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bad Blogger....

Yikes...I have been a really bad blogger. REALLY bad...think it has been 2 weeks since my last post??? What have we been up to??? Hm...

1. Agility! Trials in Cleveland and Columbus. Still no QQ, but she has not been sold to the gypsies. On a little break now until the beginning of September, when we go back to Cleveland for three days. I am hoping to get at least 1 QQ out of that weekend. Running well and having fun - all Chels really cares about it getting the cookies at the end.

2. Happy to report no significant expenditures have been made! Yay! Sitting here in my nice, cool living room with my nice effient AC blasting. Love it.

3. Been on water...not as much as I would like to be, because agility has been on the weekends. Comfortably doing my surface 180's over the wake, and much more comfortable riding switch. Last night's lesson included some beginning techiniques on jumping...learned a lot by watching my friends. Should prepare me well to safely separate my board from the water.

4. Starting to really think about Europe!!! I need to start making some lists. Leave in about three weeks. One possible side trip is to Munich to go to Oktoberfest...yikes. That could be scary. Never have I seen anyone as drunk as the Norweigan dude in the Hofbrauhaus in Munich the one time I was there was...and there will probably be a whole slew of them about as toasted!!! Me, I will just watch...yeah right.

5. Finally made it to Cedar Point for the first time! Rode roller coasters 18 times and did the sky coaster where you are attached to the cable, pull the cord and then free fall. If I was smart enough to figure out how to post the video I would...but lucky for you Maggie, you are not here to tell me how to do it, so you will be spared the visual while still on vacation. :) No worries - the cable they use is the same cable used to stop fighter jets on aircraft carriers. Perfectly safe, right? Be assured...I know I temporarily lost my mind. I am willing to admit that. If curiosity kills you, google "sky coasters" - the one I did was 150 feet. No worries Maggie, I don't plan on jumping out of an airplane or free falling off a bridge with a bungee cord attached to my ankle. The sky coaster will do.

Hmmm...anything else??? I am sure it is no shock I am pretty wiped out at the end of every day. Unfortunately, not hitting the gym as I would like to, so hoping to get that back in the schedule soon - like next week. But all is well...parents are on a European cruise, and as we speak, are probably getting ready for day 2 of their tour in St. Petersburg, Russia. Rumor has it that grampie and grammie are having a good time. This was quite the itinerary...a few stops included Copenhagen, Helsinki, Berline, Stockholm, St. Petersburg and some place in Poland. Oh the life...

I hope all my blogger friends don't disown me...I have not fallen off the face of the earth!!! Hope this finds everyone well....

4 comments:

Becky Andrews said...

Good to hear from you -- wondered if you'd fallen off. Sounds like you've been busy -- oh europe sounds like SO much fun - happy for you.

The Monroes said...

While in Europe do as... you know the saying, so Oktoberfest applies as well! Ok and the sky coaster does not sound fun at all, it sounds more dangerous and strikingly similar to bungy jumping! scary!

Infrequent Flyers said...

Sounds like you've been busy with some fun stuff! And your upcoming trip to Europe--look forward to hearing more about that!

The Scotts said...

My parents went on that cruise in July! How fun!