Friday, April 18, 2008

Welcome Kaitlyn

My cousin John and his wife Karla welcomed daughter Kaitlyn Vada (I believe Vada is Karla's great grandmother's name) via c-section last night at 8:17 pm. She was 6lbs, 11 oz and 19 inches long. Karla's original due date was not until 4/28, but her water broke yesterday morning and she never made it past 3 cm - additionally, there were fluctuations in the baby's heart rate, so c-section it was. GAB and GUB (great aunt Becky and great uncle Bill) visited them shortly after Kaitlyn was born and were able to send a picture out - she is cute. Very little, but cute. My mom said cousin John was a very proud papa - hard to imagine little Juan a daddy. Unfortunately, it will be a few days before I can see her - some germ has had the nerve to invade my being and I don't think the new parents would appreciate me exposing their new daughter to a cold....

No comments: