Monday, December 15, 2008

Maybe it is dementia?

Tonight, I am spending the night in lovely Merrillville, In. I flew over this morning on the jet (makes me never want to fly commercial again!!!) and met with my boss. After work, I decided I was going to try and do some Christmas shopping, as there are a lot of stores around here and I still have some to do.

Into Target I go - and out I come, with zero recollection of where I parked the car. To make matters better, it was a black car (a pool car they keep on hand for people coming to Mville) The unfortunate thing was that it was absolutely freezing outside - probably close to zero with the wind chill. I said some words under my breath (which I could clearly see) that would have turned heads had I said them out loud. I probably walked around the parking lot for 5 minutes before I found the damn thing....

I better sharpen up and get my act together...maybe I need to start doing some of those brain teasers or something...or maybe it is not enough sleep. The FB game on is a booty kicker and it is not even half time, so I think we will call it a night in this hotel room....

3 comments:

The Monroes said...

I totally have done this with a rental car! Makes you crazy doesn't it?

Becky Andrews said...

You need a guide dog that you can say, find the car! Sounds like a great way to travel.

The Quisenberrys said...

A rental car with a panic button is a blessing!