Bad blogger...I know, I apologize...
What has been up...
1. In Pa for the weekend. Lucked out - Scott was in Chicago and instead of flying back home, he flew to Cbus and rode over to Pa with me. I even managed to get him to drive the entire way on Thursday night!
2. Chelsie continues to heal well. With the sub-arctic temperatures we have been having, I am eternally greatful for the fact I can let her out to do her business on her own. She is also happy to see all crates put away, all doors to bedrooms open and nothing impeding her ability to jump on her couch and beds for a nap.
3. RIP and I have taken 2 agility classes and we are doing well. I have been working with both of them on basic obedience at night - in short, I have been allowing them to work for food! (Only Charlee Bears - so nothing big) This paid off big time with RIP, as he was much more focused on me at class on Wednesday night. RIP and I have a private lesson with my friend Jenn to help make our class time more productive. He is a good boy - seems not to be so obsessed with the cat. He and Chelsie are getting along well.
4. I got an email about a lab litter that will be on the ground on 2/14, ready to go home in the middle of April. It is time for another puppy, but that might be a little earlier than I am ready for. I only plan to keep RIP until I can start running Chelsie again, and I think the timing is just a bit earlier than I am ready for - particularly since my parents will be out of commission begginning on March 10 with my dad's hip replacement. We will see.
5. I had my first appt with the opthamologist last Friday. My eyes are in very good shape. I certainly hope I do not have to endure that every 6 mos - tons of testing, I was there for over 2 hrs and exhausted when I was done. I have to go back again in June - let's just say that when I do it again in 6 mos, I won't be looking at a computer screen with my eyes dilated. I was pretty uncomfortable...some idiot told me that particular day was a good day to have your eyes dilated because the sun was not out. Um, hello, there was about 8 inches of snow on the ground that day????
6. The tiniest bit of evidence that the medication may be working is showing...my rash came back last week, but it did not explode. I am still dealing with hitting the proverbial "wall" - I hit the wall and it is over, like immediately. I have to stop what I am doing and go to bed. Example - last Tuesday, I was working on the computer and at 9 15, I realized I was exhausted. I let the dogs out and went to bed - I did not make my lunch or anything.
7. Work incredibly busy. Very busy. Having 4 direct reports is a lot. :) Maybe that is why i hit the wall so easily....
So that is what has been going on. Not too exciting...what can I say? :) What is new with you?