Sunday, April 25, 2010

Picture Post

I know I have been slacking in the picture department. I have forgotten what it is like to have a 10 week old puppy - they require constant supervision. He is really doing great - housebreaking going great (he has really gotten the hang of going to the door over the past few days and we have not had an accident in the house in nearly a week - and we have never had a no 2 accident in the house) He is very agreeable to going into his crate, which makes my life a ton easier. I am clicker training him, which is going very well also - he sees the clicker and I definitely have his attention. We are really good at sit, down and touch..still working on taking the treat nicely.

His sister is his best playmate, and most of the time she is very willing to play. She is also not afraid to tell him to back off, which is very nice. He needs to learn he can't be a little jerk around other dogs. He wants to do what she does, and I used this to my advantage this morning, when I sent Chel outside to do her business right before a downpour started - he went right out and did his business as well.

Both dogs start class on Wednesday night - Ace a class for puppies younger than 20 weeks and Chelly Bean...AGILITY!!!! YAY! They are back to back, which will be nice, but will also require some serious organization on my part - esp because they start at 5:30 in Gahanna. Yeah..downtown to Dublin to Gahanna with 2 dogs (one of them being a 10 week old puppy) by 5 30. By week 2...we should have it down!

As for miss Chelly Bean...she gave me a scare last week. I found a mass on her rib cage...Dr. B aspirated it on Friday and it is just a fatty mass. PHEW. I have  decided to enter her in a trial in May for one day only, just to see where she is. We have been jumping over our jump in the basement, and she seems to be doing really well. I will watch her to see if we need to add an anti-inflammatory to the mix. She weighted 57.5 lbs at the beginning of April, and with her full return to activity, gained a pound and weighs 58.5. I am pretty sure it is muscle mass, given the activity she encounters on a daily basis trying to keep her brother off her.

Here are some photos!

6 comments:

Infrequent Flyers said...

What a love!! He's so so so cute, I could just eat him up. But I mostly love the photos of the two dogs together. My heart goes out to Chelsie--I'm sure it's hard being the big sis at times, but also fun having a perpetual plaything at her disposal. Glad things are going well and that Chelsie is healthy.

Maddie, Betsy, Jorinda, and Petuina said...

So cute!! I'm glad to hear everything is going well with all of you! :)

Becky Andrews said...

Oh my so adorable! So good to get an update ... been wondering how you three were doing!

The Monroes said...

ok he is so cute...naomi and i need to get over there to see him. she is going to go nuts.

Carrie and Waffle said...

Dear Chelsie
Pace yourself it has only been two weeks. its a good thing you set him straigt from the begining, but beware there like ants a picnic or the terminator - they will be back. So far through a series of carefully crafted fibs and well aimed nudges, I've been able to keep 'it' distracted. I've drawn the line in the sand and so far have been able to keep it. She thinks she is so adorable - but I'm the one with the farting headge hog. Oh I admit she is amusing and passable tag player, I'll let her be MY side kick as long as she remembers who rules the roost!
stay strong
Waffle

cute pictures of the YSP love his dark ears!
Carrie

Becca & Mandy said...

Awww, I love it when the puppies haven't yet grown into their ears and feet! Such a cute dog, I love to follow your blog! Please check out mine:
http://therapycanine.blogspot.com/